Sunday, September 28, 2008

100 Things

The idea is to write 100 things about yourself... JC left today for Michigan (with work), Zenock is asleep, and my mom won't answer her cell phone. So why not give it a try... I don't have much else to do. Brace yourself... here it goes. (in no particular order) :)
1. I am the 4th of six kids
2. I have 3 older brothers and 2 younger sisters
3. I have 9 (almost 10) nieces and nephews
4. If I don't know you or if I am not familiar with my surroundings, I am really shy
5. If I do know you, I could talk forever about anything
6. I love chocolate, I have to have some at least once a day
7. I love, love, love, to shop!
8. Even if I don't have money for something, I will save until I can afford it.
9. I've never had a favorite color. It changes all the time.
10. My favorite number is 7
11. I like the teen drama shows, the new 90210, the hills, greek
12. I went to college for a year and two months after which I withdrew from classes and moved home after my roommate and one of my best friends was hit by a car and killed.
13. I consider her my guardian angel, I am always wondering what she would think or say about things I do.
14. Hot pink Gerber daisies and yellow roses are my favorite flowers
15. They were the flowers in my wedding bouqet
16. I have been married for 4 years, 5 months, and 12 days
17. I have one son who will be 18 months on the first of October
18. I hate scary movies
19. I am terrified of ghosts
20. One of my favorite holidays is Halloween
21. I love all Holidays and celebrate the little ones too.
22. The second Christmas we were married, my husband bought me socks and a Chronicles of Narnia book. (That's all. :)
23. I HATE fantasy books... except the Twilight series.
24. My husband isn't "big" into holidays
25. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my husband, he is my best friend.
26. I love law and politics...
27. I took a six month course to become a certified paralegal.
28. I love photography and one day want to own my own studio.
29. I was named after my mom (Carma Lynn) and my Aunt Karen who died when she was a baby. My name = Carin Lynn
30. My son was named after his dad's best friend
31. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, my little boy and his cute personality
32. I love when I am the only person that can calm Zenock down.
33. I was born in Tremonton, Utah
34. I LOVE Fall
35. I am obsessed with leaves
36. My dad called me Punker when I was little, because I used to dance to "punk" music.
37. I was terrified of dogs when I was little. I would jump through a window to avoid them.
38. I love scrapbooking/digital scrapbooking, but get so frustrated doing it. There are too many embellishments and choices to make. (I am really behind.)
39. I am a very indecisive person
40. When buying cereal or ice cream, I stand in the isle forever making a decision.
41. I love the gospel and going to the temple
42. I met Marie Osmond in college while at work and helped her..
43. I worked at OshKosh B'Gosh while in college
44. I loved growing up next door to my Grandma and across the street from my cousins.
45. I have never broken a bone.
46. I never had a cavity until after I got married
47. I talk to my mom almost every day
48. My mom is my best friend next to JC
49. When I got pregnant the second time, my hair got really curly and it hasn't ever gone away. (It drives me crazy!)
50. I have had a miscarriage
51. I love having my house clean and organized
52. I hate when things are unorganized or unclean, I get really frustrated and uptight
53. I washed my hair every morning in high school.
54. I miss living close by my family and JC's family
55. I loved when my brothers would let me hang out with them and tease me when I was little
56. I wanted to be a BYU cheerleader when I grew up
57. I have major anxiety that my house will burn down.
58. I check my burners, oven, and chi a million times before I go to bed or leave the house.
59. I love chapstick, esp. Mary Kay's satin lip balm.
60. I hate talking on the phone... I would rather have a conversation in person.
61. When JC and I were dating, I ran up a $300 dollar phone bill, because of our "texting."
62. I organize my closet by type and by color according to the colors of the rainbow. (ROY G BIV... I blame OshKosh.)
63. I organize JC's closet as well.
64. I get mad at JC if he puts a shirt in the wrong place.
65. I hate clutter and I make JC pick up after himself.
66. I love whipped cream and will eat it out of the bowl/can.
67. I met JC the day he got home from his mission
68. The second time I met JC, I developed a small crush on him and secretly hoped he would ask me out.
69. I LOVE Target
70. If it wasn't necessary for me to go to wal-mart, I wouldn't.
71. I always get stuck standing in line at wal-mart.
72. I never met my Grandpa Reeder. He died while my dad was on his mission.
73. My favorite tv shows are: The office and Grey's Anatomy
74. I love pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
75. My favorite lotion/smell is Vanilla Bean Noel from Bath and Body Works. I stock up every year.
76. JC gets mad at me for wearing "christmas lotion" year round.
77. I love dancing. I want to make JC take a ballroom class with me. :)
78. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to decorate my house and wish I had more room/rooms to decorate. (as well as more money.:)
79. I went to college to become an interior designer
80. I love summer, swimming, waterparks, etc.
81. I can't wait to go on a mission with JC when we are older.
82. I love reading anything by Jane Austen
83. JC and I knew after three months we were going to get married. We didn't get engaged for another four months.
84. This is my 96th post!!!
85. I love Relief Society... living outside of Utah, they become your family.
86. I LOVE doing crafts that I can decorate my house with.
87. One day I want to co-own and run my own home interiors store with my mom.
88. My first calling in the church after I was married was Primary Chorister...
89. I cried every Sunday because I WAS Primary Chorister. I CAN'T sing.
90. I WISH I could sing.
91. I HATE watching football.
92. I only like to watch sports if they are live... I like being near the action.
93. Mexican is my favorite food.
94. I have never been out of the country... one day.
95. I don't read books unless they are GOOD romance novels.
96. I spend way too much time blogging.
97. I can't believe I am almost done with this.
98. I can't believe you are still reading this. :)
99. I LOVE my Family!
100. I love knowing that my Family is Forever.
wow... Now it's your turn to try it.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I read all 100 things about you! I have to say you are one of the neatest, nicest most genuine people I have ever met!!
You forgot to list a few things:
101. You always have the CUTEST clothes!
102. You always have cute hair!!

Carin this was a cute post! I am glad I got to learn a little bit more about you!

Brittney said...

I had no idea we had so much in common. I LOVE shopping too and am an organizing freak ; )

Ryan Reeder said...

Well, I enjoyed reading that. Mom may not have answered (or noticed you called) because of a pre-wedding family party for Trevor and Adrienne, FYI.

#34: I always thought that was because of your affinity for Punky Brewster. Or are you telling me you were really into the Sex Pistols when you were six?

#57: Does that have anything to do with the really scary video that the smoke alarm salesman guy showed us that one time? You would have been really little--and impressionable. I wonder if you even remember that.

I can vouch for most of the others (not that I ever doubted you).

#37: Yeah, trick-or-treating was fun with you. (Wait until you check which one I'm referring to).

Maybe a couple more for fun:

Like a lot of kids, there was one movie that you found that you watched over and over (and over and over) when you were little. Yours was Cinderella.

To the best of my knowledge, the first television show you ever saw was an episode of Scooby-Doo.

You had a pole in your room with about 50 stuffed animals and other plush toys. Maybe more.

When I was about 12, and I couldn't get Chad or Daniel to play a board game with me, you were willing. Even though you were only 4.

There was an '80s McDonald's commercial that reminded me of you--"Little sister...I was ten and you were two...and you grew and you grew and you grew and you grew...little sister...McDonald's and you." Because I was ten when you were two, about the same time that commercial came out.

You have always been a wonderful sister and a terrific person, and I really appreciate and admire the woman you've become. I love you, Carin! Thank you so much for being my sister and for being the marvelous person that you are.











(Oh, also, you cry easily).











(Made you laugh).











(I hope).

The Traylor's said...

WOW..we DO have a lot in common, I felt like I was reading my own post for about 99% of that. We want to visit Virgina, we should just plan it while you still live there so you can show us around :)

p.s. I corrected my misspelling of your name, sorry about. After all that thinking I just couldn't think any more.