Saturday, August 2, 2008

Sitting Around... waiting for the hurricane...

We haven't been up to much... There just isn't much you can do when it is over 100 degrees outside plus whatever the humidity may be. I feel so sorry for our little Zenock, he wanders endlessly around all day swinging his arms back and forth, like he is so bored... and he probably is. We really aren't that mean of parents, we try to take him to do things, but after only a few minutes outside, his little face is so red and he ends up drinking a gallon of water... SO, what do you do!!! We buy him new toys, but even those only interest him for a small amount of time. The new game at our house seems to be, "What trouble Zenock can get into..." This has brought on time-outs as well as many tantrums. We can't wait to get out of this heat!!! Even if it is only a few degrees/and a small percentage of humidity cooler. TWENTY SIX more days until we move! I feel like lately I have been sitting around, just waiting for the hurricane to hit. It seems like the little things you need to do always take up the most time. Usually, by this time I have already started cleaning and packing, but I can't even do that. The government comes in and packs up our apartment and moves us... (on their dime:) If we pack it, then it isn't insured. GREAT! This means that for now, I can just go crazy making list after list. I am a list person, I love the feeling of checking things off my list. I already have a hundred lists of things I need to do after we move and right before we move. I even have my grocery list prepared for when we move.... (CRAZY, I know.) For now, I am just sitting around, waiting for the moment when I can actually DO something and start crossing things off my lists!
Until then....
We had some fun at the park the other day...

Zenock really does love the swings.

It was just too hot!
We had some fun on the slide....
According to my e-mail, my "Breaking Dawn" book (that I pre-ordered 8 months ago) should FINALLY arrive today. That should keep me busy for at least 24 hours. :)
I had fun throwing a baby shower for my cute friend Krystal yesterday. She is having a little girl in September! I got adventurous (or bored) this week and thought it would be fun to make her some bows for her gift. After I made them, I needed a model to try out my work... Zenock gladly offered.

(I had to add both pictures...)

Really, he was SO excited. :)

I thought the bows turned out cute and I hope the shower went well. It was a lot of fun to do. Thanks to all of you who helped bring stuff, especially thanks to Heidi and Mason for helping to play with Zenock!

After this week is over, we should have plenty to do. NINE more days until we come home... for NINE days!!! We have so many fun things planned with family and friends. Then, we get back on the 19th and have 4 days to get things ready and to pack again before they come and pack up our little apartment. JC graduates on Tuesday the 26th of August (We are So proud of him!!! Love ya honey!) and we move on out and up on the 27th! HELLO, Virginia... here we come. It's not going to be a boring moving trip either, we have some fun adventures planned along the way, including: Memphis, Graceland (I am so excited!), Dollywood, and maybe a few more. :) Like I said, we are just waiting for the hurricane to hit in a week and then it will be non stop go for us.

Until then....

If you don't see much blogging this month... you'll now know why. BUT, I promise to blog all about our trips and adventures when I get the chance.

5 comments:

Robert said...

Zenock looks great in the bows! Hopefully he can sport one while you guys are here so I can see! I'm super duper excited for our dinner! We will have to take pictures! Yeah!

Michael . Heidi . Mason said...

We are going to miss you much! And, I have to just say I LOVE the bow pics of the little man! Nice work! Love you guys!

Suzanne said...

Oh My gosh the bow pictures made me laugh , how funny! Have a great visit with your family. Sorry I missed the shower for Krystal, I bet you had a great time. We'll miss you guys when you leave, but what fun you'll have in Virginia.

Jacque Hadlock said...

Hey Carin,
It was so good to hear from you and see your blog. Zenock is so cute. I love the bows in his hair.. you are so funny!! It sounds like you have a lot going on right now so I hope everything goes well especially with your move. How adventurous you guys are. Tell JC hi. I miss seeing you guys every now and then so lets keep in touch here.
Jacque

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.