Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What we've been up to...

It seems like time is going by so fast! I can't believe it is already the 8th of JULY! I feel like my mind is going in every direction thinking about everything I need to do, should do, and am not doing while the rest of me is just sitting back enjoying the Summer....

Here are some of the things we have been up to:

I bought this new basket for all of Zenock's toys... He was asleep when I brought it home and put all of his toys in it. When he woke up he went straight to it and when I turned around, this is what I found. (I'm not sure why the picture is so blurry, sorry.)

JC brought this monkey home with him when he went to Kentucky. It has become Zenock's new best friend. They go everywhere together... it velcroes around him, so he will run around with him strapped to his back. He loves to give the monkey hugs and will bring it to us so we can give the monkey hugs as well! It is SO cute!


We love our little monkey

This is Zenock and JC's new jungle gym... haha. JC has wanted a bowflex since way before I married him. He found an awesome deal on ebay and I reluctantly agreed (hoping that when we move, we get into the 3 bedroom apartment!!! Pray for me!) As for now... this jungle gym sits in the middle of my kitchen. :) For the first time in my life I've heard the sentence, "Get out of the kitchen... I want to work out." Part of the "awesome deal" was going to Dallas to pick up our new bowflex. While on the way there we found Zenock's true love of music. We borrowed a friend's truck and were trying to find a good station when the song "It's ladies night" by Kool and the Gang came on the radio. When we looked back, our little guy was bobbing up and down and rocking out in his car seat. I don't think JC and I have ever laughed so hard. It is a new favorite song at our house.

Zenock has also attended nursery for the last 2 weeks in a row. When the kids in our ward are 15 mths. they let them go as long as a parent is with them. HE loves playing with all the kids... there are 2 girls and about 8 boys in our nursery, so he fits right in. They have these fun telephone cars that you can pull around and Zenock just loves them! He plays with them the whole time. So Sunday when we got home, I tied a string around his dump truck and he hasn't put it down since. It is like his little puppy dog following him around... we just might have to invest in a little puppy for him some day soon. Oh... and I bet our nursery has better treats than yours does... haha... seriously! On Sunday for snack time Zenock had: a plate full of cheetos, 2 rice cake snacks, 2 oreo cookies, 2 powdered sugar doughnuts, AND a handful of trix cereal! Talk about winding them up and sending them home!

Zenock is learning and growing so fast! He can say so many different words. New for this week, is "NO." (Yeah for us as parents!) On top of the 5 teeth he has been getting, 3 more are coming in... It has been a rough couple of weeks. We have had many sleepless nights of him kicking us out of bed (last resort) to even me giving up and getting in his crib... yes... HIS crib! After an hour or so of him lovingly trying to shove his toes up my nose, I gave up and took him to our bed. Hopefully, we are almost done with the teething process.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, I would give anything for our nursery to let kids attend at 15 months. We have to wait until Bryson is 17 months because our nursery has like 50+ kids in it.

Ross Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ross Family said...

Carn! Thats just to funny about your bowflex! I basically have the same story Corey has always wanted one and we found a good deal as well. We bought it and since we live in a little house and have so much crap it sits in my living room!!! Lucky us! Your little boy is so stinkin adorable he is getting so big! I miss you! Keep in touch!

Emily said...

Alright, I have LOVED Ladies Night for about a year now. I have it memorized.. SERIOUSLY! There are a lot of basketball memories that go along with that song. Its exciting that my nephew likes it too! :) We must be related and he must definitely take after his Aunt Emily in his taste of music! :)

As for updating.. :D! I love it when you post new stuff! Zennie has grown up so much since I saw him last! He sure is a very cute kid!

I love ya sis! :)

The Hutchinsons said...

Okay- if Zenock ate that much snack at nursery I don't even want to know how much conner eats. I love the pictures of Zenock with his monkey. I think it is so cute when they get attatched to specific things.