Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Easy Summer Recipes :)

I love quick and easy recipes... especially for Summer. I don't like taking a lot of time in the kitchen... (any time of year for that matter.) I came across this recipe a few weeks ago and it looked so easy and sounded so good. So what better way to test it out than with hungry missionaries. We usually have them over for dinner a couple of times a month and I love being able to test out new recipes with them. They were on exchanges and brought another elder with them and lets just say, they went crazy with these... they ate every single one. I made more and they ate those too! They loved them and now they keep asking JC how I made them... Anyhow, I stole this recipe from somewhere, so feel free to steal it from here:
Chicken Pitas
2 cups shredded chicken (I like to cook my chicken in the crockpot for a few hours, it makes it really easy to shred, or you can also use the canned chicken.)
1/2 cup Ranch
1/2 cup Shredded Monterey Cheese
1 can diced green chiles
Mix together and spoon into whole wheat pita (You can find these in the bakery/deli at wal-mart). Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
Easy right???
While I'm at it... Here's another one I stole from Good Things Utah... so good and so easy! This is one of our favorite's anytime of the year.
Coke Chicken
4 chicken breasts
1 12 oz. can of coke
1 cup BBQ sauce (I just use kraft honey bbq)
1/2 cup of ketchup
Put it all in a crock pot and cook for 4 hours! (There is always lots of sauce left over. we like to use it for little smokies... It's great for groups and get together's. :)

ENJOY!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Those recipes look good. Lately I've been trying quite a few new recipes out on my family. I'll have to try those. THANKS! And I liked the "favorite things about Texarkana" entry. It made me laugh. Anyway, all ya'll have a nice day. (And I definitely think you should keep that phrase in your vocabulary--I like it.)

The Traylor's said...

Yum, I can't wait to try those out in my new place! Maybe if we throw ourselves a house-warming party..hehe

Michael . Heidi . Mason said...

hi dear- I was just going to tell you we tried the chicken that Sunday after you gave me the recipe... thanks! so good! What are little smokies?? I noticed there was lots of sauce left over too. Thanks mam! Love you oodles!