Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

We just wanted to tell our mom's (and all the wonderful women, grandma's, friends, etc.) in our life to have a
Happy Mother's Day!
Our Mom's are amazing and we appreciate all that they do for us! A couple of years ago for Christmas my mom gave me a book called "Heaven's Touch, A Tribute to Women" It has pictures by Greg Olsen throughout the book with thoughts, scriptures, and quotes. Just a couple of my favorite's are:
"Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels." -James R. Clark
***
"Motherhood is the greatest potential influence either for good or ill in human life. The mother's image is the first that stamps itself on the unwritten page of the young child's mind. It is her caress that first awakens a sense of security; her kiss, the first realization of affection; her sympathy and tenderness, the first assurance that there is love in the world." -David O. McKay
***
"I have learned to place a high estimate upon the love of mother. I have often said, and will repeat it, that the love of a true mother comes nearer being like the love of God than any other kind of love." -Joseph F. Smith
***
Needless to say, I LOVE this book, I love being a mom, and I love having wonderful "mom's" in my life.
We LOVE you!

(These are the only pictures I could find of our mom's... they always seem to be the one's taking the pictures or they are in the background - behind the scenes working!)

The picture above is from Zenock's blessing day! My mom helped me so much when Zenock was born. I had no idea what to do or what was going on... she was always there for me, right by my side, helping me. I can't imagine life without my mom... even if she lives so far away! She is my best girl friend and I love being able to call her anytime and talk to her about anything. I am so blessed and lucky to have a mom like her.

I am also blessed to have such a wonderful mother in law, who is so caring and thoughtful. JC is the person he is because of her. We love her so much! (I love this picture... another one from our wedding for those of you who loved the other one's :). JC looks so young! Did you ever wonder where he got his good looks from??)

Happy Mother's Day!

4 comments:

Mom said...

Hi, Leslie Nofoagatoto'a here. I have really enjoyed peeking in on your blogs and getting to know you. J.C., always remember what a Gem of a woman you have. I love and miss all of you Larson's!!!
Leslie

Amy Reeder said...

Carin I love the blog! Being a mom is such a great blessing and even when we are having those moments of thinking what happend to my life we are quickly reminded how blessed we really are! I can't even imagine my life with out my two beautiful boys I love them so much! I also do not know where I would be right now if I had not met and married Daniel I have seen him grow so much just in the last year since we moved to Boulder I am really loving it so much! I love to look at your cute blog and I am glad that all is well with you and your family!

Love the Reeder's

Robert & Tatiana said...

Carin,
Love the new look! You are very blessed to have an awesome mom and mother in law, they truly are some of the greatest women! I love that they were both part of my life, and lucky you get to have them forever! You are also a great mom yourself! Zenock is so blessed to be yours! You're such an inspiration to me. Thanks for being such a great friend!

Erin said...

You blog is looking cute as always! You are like me...addicted to changing the look!
I hope you had a great Mother's Day! You are one of the cutest "Mom's" I know :)