Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I love my husband...

Happy Anniversary to us! We were married on April 16, 2004 in the Bountiful Temple. I can't believe it has already been four years! What an amazing four years. We have been through so much and I am so grateful to have had my best friend with me through it all!

***
JC and I met the day he got home from his mission and started dating about 11 months later. I was spending the Summer at home from college. We spent every day that Summer together going to baseball games, lava hot springs, drive ins, and hanging out with friends. Our parents seriously wondered if we were trying to wear each other out. We were always doing something fun and on the go 24/7. After I went back to school at Dixie in St. George at the end of August, we weren't really sure what we were going to do. We decided we didn't want it to end and so there were many trips (almost every weekend) made back and forth from St. George to Brigham City. In October I had a series of unfortunate events happen where my roommate and one of my best friends was hit by a car and killed. JC was there that night to pick me up off the floor and dry every tear. He drove me back home to see her one last time and to be with my family. After returning to St. George I had lost my job (due to a boss who was insensitive about taking time off for a funeral!), I was behind in school work... and to say the least I wanted to be back in Brigham with JC. After a lot of prayer and consideration I made my decision to return home. I have never regretted that decision and I still feel like it was the right choice. By then JC and I had already decided we wanted to get married. JC and I were engaged Christmas Eve 2003 and were married in April. It really was the perfect day. I was told how fast it would go by, so I just tried to take deep breathes and to take it all in... It was perfect!

Four years later we are still happily married, loving every minute of life! We have definitely had to make our sacrifices and had our struggles, but we have loved being married... nothing is better than being married and going through the journey of life with your best friend.


JC really is the person I live with, laugh with, and love! He works so hard to give me everything I want. He has always put me and now Zenock first. I am grateful for his faith in every step we have taken in our four years as well as his great sense of humor to keep me grounded. (Even if he embarrasses the heck out of me while singing "Danny Boy" at the top of his lungs while drugged up at the hospital last week...)


Happy Anniversary JC! Thank you for all you do. I love you and have loved every minute of our FOUR years together!

8 comments:

galadriel said...

It could have been worse; he could have been singing the munchkin theme. Happy Anniversary you guys. Love you both tons and I'm so happy for you.

Corey and Jennifer said...

Congrats and Happy Anniversary to you two! I love looking at your blog its so fun!Your wedding pictures are beautiful! Keep in touch!

Ginger said...

Carin I loved your wedding pics! Your dress was beautiful. Congratulations on four years! Sometime I wonder if we will make it to one... kidding but there have definitely been those days. I'm glad to see you are happy. I remember going home with you on the bus from Foothill. Good times.

Robert & Tatiana said...

Yeah! Congratulations! Happy Anniversary! I was shocked at how different JC looks! (I can just see him gasping as I say this) He looks so young! Truth is, it doesn't seem like I've ever seen him and thought he'd changed. Hope that makes sense. We love you guys!
Tatiana and Rob

Russ & Annie said...

i love the wedding pics! can you believe that you have been married for four years?!? It is almost our third anniversary and I can't believe it - time flies!

When we were in DC I saw the freeway sign for Alexandria and I thought of you! You will love it out there (well, except for the humidity). There is TONS to do!!

The Trees said...

Congradulations and Happy Anniversary! Those pictures are beautiful!

Logan & Ryan said...

Congrats Carin. I laughed so hard at JC singing Danny Boy. It seems like husbands sometimes enjoy seeing us get embarrassed.

Heidi said...

Just to let you know, JC... I never did call you fat! I said you looked so different now because of your NO HAIR! I can't say one thing about anyone who has gained weight, because I used to be as skinny as Carin! See what 7 kids does? LOL!!

Congrats... next thing you know, you'll be married for 19 yrs! Yikes-o-la!