Monday, April 21, 2008

Good Times on the Bayou...

I thought I would throw these first two pictures from the past week in just for fun.
I love when Zenock watches his show. It's entertaining to just watch him and wonder what he is thinking.
The other day he got so excited because he figured out how to make his duck squeak. He would concentrate and push the duck really slow and then his face would light up when it would squeak.
***
This weekend we decided we had to get out of the house and do something. The weather was perfect (at least 85 degrees!). We took a picnic and went with some friends to check out a neighboring historical city about an hour away from where we live.
We were in luck! There just happened to be a huge car show going on while we were there.

One of the nifty fifty cars...

One of JC's favorites

Enjoying the sites

Zenock and his daddy. I love these two boys! If only Zenock would get his fingers out of his mouth for pictures!

We love Zenock's little buddy Mason. He is about 4 months younger than Zenock. It is so much fun to watch these two interact with eachother.

One of our favorite things about living in the South is all the old houses. You can't find houses like this in Utah! A lot of people will buy these old houses and fix them up and turn them into bed and breakfasts. Along with old houses, you also get ghosts and haunted houses.. or so they say. The house above is a haunted house.This one is a bed and breakfast as well as a Gone with the Wind museum.Another haunted house that you can have a tour of.
We took a train ride along Cypress Bayou... Everytime we see a swamp like this somebody makes the comment.. "Do you think there are any gators in there." JC loves to reply, "I guarantee it!" Most likely there probably are!
Our cute friend Mason!

Our fun friends: Mike, Heidi, & Mason Anderson, Krystal & Shawn (who is taking the picture) Atkinson, & us! Thanks guys for a fun day. We had a great time!

5 comments:

Amy Reeder said...

You guys do so many fun things I wish that we could do some fun things but it is just to hard to go on a hike with the boys. I do hope that this summer we are able to go to the whole in the rock, Lake Powell, and to Calf Creek I am really looking forward to seeing more of this beautiful place. And by the way Happy 4 year Anniversary that is so exciting!! And it really does go by so fast marriage is extremely hard and that is the truth but it really is so worth it in the end! Well I just thought that we would say hello and tell you guys how much we love and miss you!! Have fun but not to much fun! Love the Reeder Clan.

Heidi said...

Can you believe that for the 19 yrs that I have been in this area, and have even driven through Jefferson (I assume that is where you went!), but we've never stop to take tours or anything like that? I've read a lot about it, and all the hauntings... I think that is why I have never stopped. :-S

Brittney said...

That looks like so much fun. How fun to be able to go to so many different places.

Erin said...

I am jealous of all the fun things you get to do (and that nice, hot weather!) Zennock is darling ang getting so big!! Cute post :)

The Trees said...

I love visiting new sites. You never know how long you'll be in an area and have those opportunities. And I love doing those things with friends and family. Looks like you all had a lot of fun. I love that picture of Zenock watching his show, too cute.