Monday, April 14, 2008

~Blessings~

Do you ever have those moments that even though life isn't perfect, you can't help but look at your life and think, "How much better can it get!" That is how I have felt today. I really do have an amazing life... with amazing family and friends! Today is just one of those days where I feel so blessed and thankful for all that I have. Maybe it is because it ISN"T raining and the sun is actually shining today. :) Don't get me wrong... I definately have my "no fair" awful days too. Life isn't perfect. This past weekend was one of those... JC ran out of his migraine medicine and wasn't able to take it for a few days. We had called the doctors office to have them call it in to the pharmacy, but they didn't call back for FOUR days later! Friday afternoon he started to get a really bad migraine that lasted all day Saturday. He spent most of the day sleeping. Well, we found out the hard way after spending 5 hours in the emergency room Saturday night that you can't just go off of the medicine he was taking.. Apparently, it has all sorts of side effects. I guess now we know. It is amazing how much one little pill can do to you and for you. I am definately thankful for migraine medicine so I don't have to spend every weekend in the hospital.
I think I have forgotten to mention in the last couple of posts that Zenock is WALKING! He is everywhere and it is oh so cute.. for now. He started walking two days before his birthday and since then he has been the happiest "toddler" ever!
We spent Monday and Tuesday last week at the Honda dealership trying to get an estimate on our car, (hail damage). Who knew that an 03 honda civic + a hail storm equaled a brand new 08 Honda civic... not us. We definately didn't expect to buy a new car, but we were offered such a good deal that we just couldn't pass it up! Did I mention that we LOVE it! It is an amazing car! JC and I are both convinced that we will never drive or buy anything but a honda. While we were at the dealership Zenock was winning hearts all over the place with his walking. He would walk up to complete strangers, smile and walk off. He loves attention. He also loves his dad. He and I were across the store from him and he would yell at the top of his lungs... "DAD!" over and over. The whole store would echo and everyone would just stop and stare at us... you definately get over being embarassed in public when you have a child!

Zenock's new favorite thing to do is to climb up on the lovesac and stare out the window. He will just sit and stare for minutes watching the golfers or whatever is out there.

It is also a favorite of his dads as well. Every once in a while we will be watching tv and JC will bust up laughing at the golfers swing or when they hit it in the water. I will admit it has brought on some great entertainment. (Especially when the golfers get mad and throw their clubs into the pond...)

And this is how Zencok gets down... head first! You can almost see the action of his little legs kicking to help him get down.

I hate pictures of just me... So I made JC take one of Zenock and I. After 6 months of wanting to cut my hair and after actually going to the salon and chickening out TWICE, I finally got the courage and just did it! And, I love short hair! I don't know why it is such a stressful situation everytime I cut it, but it is. I guess I should just keep it short and then I wouldn't have this problem... but then I get comments from my sweet husband like, "I miss your long hair." Do they know what this does to us. ahh!

5 comments:

Ryan Reeder said...

I hardly even recognize you. You look so grown up. [sniff].

By the way, Happy Anniversary on Wednesday if I don't get to talk to you.

The Johnsons said...

I love your hair. It's really cute!

Robert & Tatiana said...

Carin,
I love your hair! I totally want to cute mine, but then I don't because I like to be able to throw it up for work. But yes, I must admit that you look so cute w/ short hair! So glad that Zenock is walking and that JC got his meds! Did you find anything yummy for lunch?

Bourgeous said...

Love the locks! Gorgeous as usual.

Baird Family said...

Your hair looks SO CUTE! I love it. I'm going to get mine done on Monday and have been debating back and forth as to how daring I'll be...you've given me courage so I'll let you know how it goes.