Thursday, April 3, 2008

Birthday Fun!

It has been a crazy busy week! Monday night I had just finished wrapping presents for Zenock's birthday and I went in to check on him. I could see lightning going off outside his window and there were flashes of light every two seconds... but no thunder. I went and got ready for bed and thought maybe I should just check the weather to make sure there isn't anything BIG headed our way. Good thing I did!!! As I turned on the weather channel, the first thing I hear is, "Two cells have just collided and it is headed straight towards Texarkana!" They were saying there was a Tornado warning... (not a watch, a warning... which I have learned is when you get prepared for anything!) They said the tornado could possibly hit Moore's lane (which is where our church is and also where our good friends live.) I started freaking out and ran to wake JC up. Just as I did, the tornado sirens started going off. JC got out of bed and came to watch the news with me. The weatherman was saying, "This is a life threatening situation, IF you live anywhere near state line Texarkana you need to seek shelter immediately!" We LIVE 1/2 mile from the state line! It is pretty safe to say... we were a little scared! All of a sudden it sounded like somebody was hitting hundreds of golf balls onto our roof at once. It was hailing so hard! JC grabbed Zenock and we ran out the door downstairs to our neighbors house to hide out. The sirens would go on and off and we were only there for about 20 minutes, before we decided it was safe to head back upstairs. (At least this time I didn't hide in a closet! :) Our neighbor has lived here his whole life and I really think he thought we were crazy waking him up at midnight!! (He didn't seem to worried, although he did say they have never had storms like they have had in the last little while.) You may laugh at us, but you honestly have to take it seriously when those sirens go off. It really is scary and you never know if a tornado could really touch down!
We didn't get any pictures of the hail, but our good friends did! (I stole this from their blog... thanks Rebecca!) Now you can believe me that it really was golf ball sized hail! They had pictures on the news and some of the hail pieces were as big as oranges. What a scary night! We escaped danger for the night, but our car as well as everyone else's in Texarkana didn't fare so well. It now has little dings all over it! Thank goodness for insurance. I think we will definately be ready to move in a few months! :)


After all the excitement, Zenock was up bright and early. His birthday present was ready for him!
~PARTY!~
Zenock and his cute little buddy Mason!


Zenock really got spoiled! He got so many fun gifts.

He had the cutest boys to help him unwrap all of his presents.


Zenock and his other cute buddy Hayden... They have so much fun together!

Don't look to closely at his cake... I'm definately not as talented as my mom who always made our cakes growing up, but I thought I would give it a try. I have wanted to make him a baseball cake for forever!


I really haven't given Zenock a lot of sugar before this... he was LOVING life!

SO, SO Good!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZENOCK!

We had such a great time getting together with all our friends! We will take any chance we can get to party with them. We are sure going to miss them all when we move. Thank You!!!


For any of you who noticed the little bandage on Zenock's arm... this is why. Monday he burnt his arm on the door underneath the oven. He reached in the drawer to grab a hot pad and the oven was still hot on the bottom of the oven (the top part of the drawer). JC and I felt so bad for our little boy! He really hasn't even acted like it bothered him too much. I think JC and I were more hurt than he was. (I just took this picture tonight... he loves spaghetti!)

AND... This was our highlight of Zenock's party... I really think he must have been on sugar overload or something. I started to give him some ice cream and at first he thought it was so cold and then he just started laughing and laughing every time he took a bite! It was so funny! He had already been laughing for quite awhile by the time we started videoing... EnJoy!

video

14 comments:

Robert & Tatiana said...

Crazy storm! I totally know I would be exactly where you guys were if anything was ever threatening! Those are killer pieces of hail! You totally wouldn't want to be outside during that! Glad you guys survived! I'm also glad Zenock had a good birthday! Totally too much sugar, but very entertaining! I love how he moves his arms when he wants more! He's just loving it!

Ryan Reeder said...

I thought I noticed something on a weather report as someone was flipping through channels the other night. It looked like there was a big red mark right by you. Good to know you're alright.

I'm glad he had a great birthday. That ice cream scene was hilarious. Looks like ice cream's got another fan. And your baseball cake looks awesome. Well done in the creative confections department.

Heidi said...

Carin- I think that is about the funniest thing I have ever seen. We are glad we were there to witness it. Zenock is hilarious. I just know he is going to make money for you guys when he is older just telling jokes! Thanks for putting such a fun party together. You worked your head off! We loved it!

Heidi said...

Hey mam- quick question...I was wondering if you use anything fancy that works to get stains out??

The Hutchinsons said...

That was too funny- I miss all the good stuff. He is such a little character. Sim Said he really liked the ice cream but he didn't tell me how funny it was. Thanks for having us at the party it was way fun and everything was delicious, especially the beautiful baseball cake.

mbarker said...

We got Ethan the same little zebra for his birthday! It took him a few days to get used to but now he loves it. I am sure little Zenock will too.

Ryan Reeder said...

You know, a laughing baby video like that is currently the 11th most viewed video of all time on YouTube (about 44 million). Something to think about. . .

Brittney said...

You guys are sure having some adventures out there. I bet you are anxious to move away from a tornado area.

galadriel said...

Oh man that was a hilarious video. I love how he even starts laughing before it gets to his mouth.

Also, just so you know you weren't the only one with a sleepless night during the tornadoes thanks to my favorite brother and his texting me. I was so glad to hear from him in the morning that you were okay, but kick him in the shin once for me for the worry he caused.

The Johnsons said...

He is so cute! Looks like he had a fun birthday and I think that your cake looks awesome! I don't blame you for being freaked out by the storm! I would have had a panic attack! I bet you won't miss that at all when you move!

Baird Family said...

Happy (late) Birthday to Zenock! Looks like you had a lot of fun. Can you believe how fast that first year goes? I think time only speeds up after that, so be ready. That video of him laughing is so funny!

Bourgeous Fam said...

Loved the cake! I can't believe that your little guy is already one. He is a riot on the video. Be safe!

Mike and Heidi said...

Hi dear- so, a cute mom in Tremonton saw I asked you about stain removers and said this... Stain Spray from Fuller Brush is a MIRACLE for all stains and a good scoop of OXYCLEAN! so, if you want to try it there you have it! I haven't yet, but it is in the agenda. She has three triplets so I think she might know! :)

Mike and Heidi said...

I feel like a dork... I put three triplets! lol -just triplets! Heidi moment! Gotta love em!