Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Purse Tag

This one is kinda cheesy, but all in the name of fun. Saturday, we had our Relief Society Birthday Enrichment. It was such a great meeting and had such a wonderful spirit and message. The theme was "Purse" onal growth through service in the Relief Society. They decorated with purses and played some fun games with what's in your purse. I didn't have mine, because all I ever use is my diaper bag. I hardly ever go anywhere with out Zenock... so there really is no need for a purse. That is not to say that I don't have many of them. I am a "purse-a-holic" and love purses, so just having a diaper bag has definately cut down on my spending, which I'm sure JC loves. :) Anyhow, the games reminded me that my friend Jennifer purse tagged me forever ago and I never did do it. You can tell a lot by what a girl has in her purse, so here is what is in mine... I thought it would be funny to actually get out my purse and see what was inside. Yep, it was empty, except for this mint.
I love my diaper bag! It has a lot of pockets that make me feel organized. I hate going anywhere and realizing I forgot something. This bag fits eVeRyThInG!
Here is what I have...
wallet
checkbook
dayplanner
keys
gum
sanitizer & lotion
chapstick
mini cadbury eggs for me... A MUST this time of year! They are my favorite!
Juice & puff treats for Zenock
Zenock's monkey, keys, & baseball
books leftover from church
diapers & wipes
Zenock's sippy cup
Not a whole lot too interesting... sorry. I actually try and clean my bag out on a regular basis. I hate having all the receipts and everything I don't need taking up valuable space. :) Anyhow... what's in your Purse??? I tag YOU!

7 comments:

Erin said...

We have our R.S. Birthday enrichment tonight and we have the same theme: "Purse"onal Enrichment meeting. It sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.

galadriel said...

I knew there was a reason I liked you. I bought a new purse last night because I am also a purse-a-holic! I say this because when I post later, I will have about half of what I normally have because I just cleaned it out when moving to the new one.

Chelsea said...

hey carin:) I have actually been meaning to come and tell you that I came across your blog right in the beginning of my drama. It was really random how I came across it, and at first it kind of frieked me out because I thought "this must be a sign it's really going to happen" and then it did...and your post did help me:) So thanks for posting it and thanks for your nice comment! I hope you are doing okay!

Erin said...

I will have to get the details from you on your "purse" enrichment night. Now that I am the new enrichment leader for my ward, I could use all the ideas I can get :)

The Pettingills said...

Hey Carin, This is Erin Pettingill (Morrill) from High school. I ran across your blog awhile ago on Tati's blog and I check yours every once in awhile but have never commented because I didn't know if you would even remember who I was. Anyway, I have two things I wanted to say. I wanted to say I'm sorry about your miscarriage a couple of weeks ago and your post about it really touched me about how optimistic you were about the whole thing and having your husband and Zenock to help you through it all. I hope you are doing well. Also, I was wondering what your birthday "Purse" onal enrichment activity was. I just got put as the enrichment leader and just found out I have to plan an activity for next tuesday and I saw your little post about it and was curios. How was it a birthday activity but about service and personal enrichment? If you get a chance and could comment on my blog about it I would really appreciate it. And by the way, I really like both your diaper bag and white purse. Where did you get the diaper bag?

Erin
pettingillspage.blogspot.com

Robert & Tatiana said...

Carin,
Love your purse! Both your white one, and your brown one. If I had to choose one, with the belongings, it would definitely be the brown one! W/ the mini eggs! I can't imagine you without them!I hope all is well with you guys! We miss you!

Kristin Bishop said...

Carin-
Hey! I love stopping by your blog...you guys are always doing such fun things...and you look like a darling mom who is just as in love with her baby boy as I am! We love baseball at our house too:)

I'm not sure if you've ever heard of MODBE...but look on my blog for a link. I am having a party...and you seem to be a lot like me and I thought you might be interested in taking a look at them. THEY ARE SO CUTE...and perfect for young woman who want something cute, stylish, but a little more modest becasue they are now a mom...or usually are wearing garments:)

Take a look and let me know what you think!