Tuesday, March 25, 2008

~Easter 2008~

I love holidays, birthdays, and any kind of day that I can celebrate! I am like a kid and am grateful for a husband that puts up with my insists of carrying on traditions from my childhood for my kids. Last Easter was pretty traumatic for me. I spent the entire day in the NICU at Mckay Dee in Ogden. Zenock was a week old and still in the hospital. We really didn't understand why he was still there, he was doing everything he was supposed to be doing.... (more on that another time.) I was boarding with the hospital (staying over night in extra rooms) and spending every minute with my baby. SO.. this year Zenock and I definately had to make up for it.

Friday we took Zenock to the park to see the ducks... He loves the park! (It would have been a lot more fun if there wasn't a creepy guy there roaming the park... we went back the next day and he was still there. I was a little worried, because he was talking to little kids and asking for money, so I called the police on him and when JC and I drove by a few minutes later, there were 4 police cars surrounding his van! I couldn't believe I was the first person to call!)
~EASTER EGG HUNT~

Our primary had an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday morning. Zenock and I weren't too fast on getting the eggs. As soon as Zenock had one in each hand he was good to go!
Enjoying his Easter eggs... (It's a good thing he didn't know what was inside:)

~COLORING EGGS~

As we were cleaning up dinner and waiting for JC to get home from a meeting with the missionaries, this is what my little boy learned how to do. I love his face! I turned around from the sink and saw him like this... I grabbed the camera and put him back on the floor and said, "Do it again..." He did it again. I then put him back on the floor and said, "Don't ever do that again." Is that being a bad mom?? There is a video of him at the end showing his dangerous new trick. What a goofball!Zenock wasn't really into the coloring eggs part. He preferred to eat them and throw them.

~EASTER MORNING~

The Easter bunny found Zenock! (The E.B. and I went shopping over a month ago for Easter... we have been waiting forever to give him his new stuff. Yeah... I love holidays!)

Of course the first thing he went for was a plastic egg and his new baseball and glove!

Mom! I got more Easter eggs!

The Easter Bunny loves me!

Look at all my candy!
~All Dressed up for Church~

JC has meetings before church, so while I get ready Zenock watches Baby Einstein. He looks so grown up and big! (A big difference a year makes!)
Every picture I took he had an egg in his mouth, he wasn't too happy with me when I took it away to get this picture.
Mom and Zenock
We had such an enjoyable day at church. I have been playing the piano in primary for the last month, while the pianist had a baby. I felt as restless as all the kids to get done and go home and be outside and play!


Time to play!

~The Danger Zone~

(Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to flip it.)

6 comments:

Erin said...

I love reading your blog because Zenock is always doing the exact same things Bryson is doing. There needs to be a family reunion sometime soon so that we can get our boys together to play. I'm sure they'd love each other because they seem to have the exact same interests!

The Hutchinsons said...

Wow What a silly goose. He looks pretty proud of himself. :) His Easter stuff looks so fun, I wish the same easter bunny that found him would have found me. We are excited to go to Zenock's b-day party next week.

Erin said...

Aren't holidays much funner with kids?! Zennock looks like a little man in his sunday outfit! I love it! He is getting so big!! I am gald you had a good Easter :)

The Trees said...

Zenock is way too cute. I love those stories and can definately relate with some of them. Cute pictures, he is very expressive.
Sounds like you had a fun Easter.

Suzanne said...

What a cute little boy all dressed up for church. Zenock looks so cute on the dishwasher, I love that picture. Looks like Easter was lots of fun.

The Pettingills said...

Your little boy is so cute. I love that he loves baseballs so much. Happy birthday to Zenock on the 1st. I really wanted Claire to be born on the 1st of April so I could have an April Fools baby I even had contractions all day that day. I guess she was playing a joke on me. Instead she was born on the 5. Oh well, It was one of the prettiest days ever so I guess I still got a good day. Have fun preparing and celebrating his birthday.