Friday, February 15, 2008

A day or two or maybe a week or more...

My blog has been really lacking lately... I really think other people have more time in their day than I do. Anyhow... here are some pictures from the last couple of weeks or so and a quick catch up of what's going on.
Happy Valentine's Day!
I had the sweetest little Valentine all day long. Zenock was in such a good mood, it was like he new it was a holiday. JC took Zenock and I out to eat at the Olive Garden. I love spending time with my boys. Would you believe that I have only had a babysitter once since we moved here. I have a really hard time leaving my baby with somebody else. I feel like he is my responsibility and I should be with him. Even when I run to the store and have JC watch him (as nice as it is), I always feel SO guilty. I just love him so much and it seems like they grow sO fast that I wouldn't want it any other way. I want to be there for every moment.

Zenock got this cute new lion a couple of weeks ago to help him learn how to walk... or ride. He loves it and is doing so well. It is only a matter of time until my baby will be walking!

Zenock is into everything! Needless to say we had to find somewhere else for the garbage.

He loves to play!

I honestly don't remember taking this picture, but I thought it was so funny. Zenock fits his Birthday, (April Fool's). He has such a sense of humor and is always trying to make us laugh.

He has also decided that it is time that he feed himself the bottle. I have totally avoided this, because it is the only time he will cuddle, but the last couple of days he will only let me feed him half and then he wants to do it. He still lets me feed him at night, since most of the time he is pretty much out of it by the time the bottle's gone... so I can still get my cuddle time.
After a month of waking up 4-5 times during the night, Zenock is finally sleeping through the night again. I'm still not sure what it was, but since we got home from Christmas he would just wake up screaming. It finally got to the point where we would pick him up and cuddle him and as soon as we would lay him back down he would wake right up and start all over. So after a couple of nights of letting him scream for over an hour and a half and after letting him lose his voice from all the screaming, I think he has decided it's easier to just sleep! I'm not sure if he was just preparing me for things to come, but it sure is nice to sleep again!

Everything is bigger in Texas... or Arkansas. Even the rainstorms, which we have SO many of! I never thought it rained this much down here! Sunday we had the best weather and spent most of our day outside.. It was so nice that we even all wore shorts! I think it was that night that we awoke to the biggest loudest thunder I have ever heard in my life! As well as TONS of rain! And when it rains... it pours. You've never seen it rain until you have been to Texas!

Ok... well, I am almost done, but I have had so many people ask when and why we are moving. So here is our explanation. (Which is somewhat complicated.) JC is part of a program through the government called AMC Fellows. The first year you just go to school and they pay you to get your master's degree. (It is a five year program.) The next four years are somewhat of a rotational training. We will probably move a couple of times in the next four years. We are only in Texarkana until the end of August when JC will graduate. We are thinking that most likely we will end up in NEW JERSEY, but some of the other places we could go are: Washington DC, Alabama, Colorado, or pretty much anywhere. The program trains you to basically become Management through the goverment. When we first heard of the job, it really sounded too good to be true. It takes most people an entire lifetime of working to get to where JC will be in five years. Out of 2500 applicants last year, JC was one of 100 people chosen for the program. We honestly feel SO extremely lucky and blessed to be where we are and to have this opportunity. This year they have already had double the applicants than last year and they don't quit taking applicants until May or June. JC has really enjoyed the program. If anyone ever has the opportunity... take it. For those of you who are going to school at USU check out the program at the job/career fair. They really look for engineers and they really like the LDS guys. (They have great work ethic and are honest.) It gives you a great edge if you apply for the program. (Don't let the number of applicants discourage you.) If you really are interested in the program and want more information, I'm sure JC would love to give it to you. So just let us know. We are really excited for what the next few years will bring and the adventures we will begin. We will find out in APRIL where we will be moving to in August. We are SO EXCITED!


8 comments:

Ginger said...

You're little baby is so cute. I think it's great you guys are taking the opportunity to live outside of Utah. My husband is planning to go back for is Masters after I graduate and there is a really great chance we will move out of state for at least a few years. I think it's awesome! Congrats.

The Hutchinsons said...

Carin- Did you notice I tagged you? See my blog for details.

Horner Family said...

Carin, I hope you don't mind I found your blog through Maria. I can't believe how big your little guys has gotten. So cute! Congrats on the new little one coming, that is so exciting! I'm excited to hear where you guys will be going in August!

The Hutchinsons said...

Hey Carin- I don't know how I missed seeing your tag. Or maybe I just forgot I had. YOu know how pregnant people are with remembering. Anyway I just went through and read it. Your pictures on your new post are really cute. I don't know how to make thai food, but I can make a few Cambodian dishes and they are very similar. Maybe we could have dinner on Sunday if you guys want.

Erin said...

I loved the pictures you posted. You really have the cutest little guy. You guys have alot going with a baby on the way, moving and a litte guy to chase after. Looks like you are doing good :)

Robert & Tatiana said...

I'm so excited to find out where you guys move to. I'm sad we haven't had the chance to come visit, but I would like to visit you guys sometime while you're still out and about. I know I said that never wanted to live outside of Utah, but I think it would be an adventure now. Glad to see Zenock is up and going again!

Corey and Jennifer said...

I purse tagged you so do the same tag as I did on my blog and then tag 5 more people. : )

galadriel said...

Just a quickie note to say hi and that I love you guys a ton!!! Hopefully we'll see you in June.