Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tempers and Tantrums...


Zenock loves his toys and loves to sing and bounce up and down to the music. He plays so well by himself. Whenever we sit down to watch a movie, we usually end up watching him put on a show rather than the movie!

Zenock has had a huge growth spurt in the last month or so. He has gotten SO big and even clothes that he got for Christmas don't fit him anymore. He is cruising the furniture and can even stand on his own for a second. I'm sure it won't be long until he is walking! Where has my sweet baby gone?? He has also developed quite the little temper this week and is full of tantrums! I'm not sure what it is, but he is having major parent anxiety. JC and I will be playing with him and walk into the kitchen or bedroom and Zenock will start screaming... and this isn't just a little scream, it sounds like he could have just broke an arm or something. He will be crawling after us as fast as he can with big huge tears streaming down his face. As soon as we pick him up in go the fingers and the tears stop! Amazing! He has also decided he hates his diaper being changed and throws huge tantrums when I change it. (This can be quite the ordeal in the middle of the night!) How do we help this?? Any advice?? He has also been grinding his teeth lately... Has anyone else had kids that do this? It sounds like he is going to grind them away!

(If you click on this picture to make it bigger... you can see his four little teeth!)

JC has Zenock's future all planned out... High School sports, college sports, and Pro Athlete by the time he is 20! Check out the quality of that basketball... The other day, JC told me he needed a new basketball. We went to Target and they just didn't have the right kind. They were $20 dollars and I was thinking that was kind of high. Well, we went to a sports store and I told JC to just run in and look and I would stay in the car with Zenock. When he came out he stuffed the receipt in his mouth and wouldn't give it to me. When I finally got a good look at it, I about died! The basketball cost $60!!! That is one nice basketball you are looking at! JC's excuse for buying it was that it will last forever and Zenock will be playing with it someday. Haha! Sooner than later. He loves it! JC is testing it out tonight on the court... we will have to see what everyone thinks about it. JC's schedule changed this week and he now gets home everyday at 12:30! This week has been so nice to have him home. We have instituted family nap time every day at 1:00. We'll see how long it lasts... For now Zenock and I are loving all the time that we get to spend with him.

7 comments:

Allyson said...

Hi Carin!

I'm so glad you've found my blog! You're baby is adorable and I've always loved the name Zenock. You are as adorable as ever! I'll keep checking in on you and your little family...thanks for the post--it meant a lot!

Erin said...

Oh Carin, wait till he is 3 and he starts talking back :) Enjoy those little tantrums while you can :) I love those little teeth by the way...he is darling!!

Kristin Bishop said...

Carin-
Hey....the temper tantrums are completely normal. I think our babies are right around the same age...or jaxsons a little older and his temper/GRINDING HIS TEETH/bawling whenever I leave the room started a few weeks ago. I am relieved to hear that it is all normal! I have taken jaxson to 2 different dentists and talked to my pediatrician...the grinding is normal until around 4 years of age. They will especially do it right now while they are teething and their little mouths are changing every day. Don't stress. Also....I have a program I got for christmas a few years back that lets me make movies, slideshows, write on pictures...or design little layouts. It is fun to use and it is called ROXIO EASY MEDIA CREATOR. Next time your at walmart look at it. I made entire DVD's of jaxson first year and put them to music...dowloaded little video clips, etc. I plan on making one every year of his life. I WANT PHOTOSHOP...but this is cheaper and easy to use until I can save up an get it.

You have a darling family...and I totally agree with allyson, love the name Zenock! I know a really great guy named Zenock!

Russ & Annie said...

I remember when my niece was grinding her teeth - it gave me the shivers! I hate bone popping, teeth grinding, people chewing ice, anything like that!

So, how do you do your online scrapbooking? I am a TERRIBLE scrapbooker, and by that I mean that I haven't scrapbooked in about 10 years. The online thing sound doable. Is is a computer program?

The Cook Family said...

The adventure begins! Grinding is just one of the joys--it will go away, the seperation anxiety--it will go away, the tantrums--well, they come and go. My advise... just laugh and enjoy!

Baird Family said...

I wish I had some miracle advice, but Trevor is 19 months and the tantrums have only gotten worse. I keep wondering what the 'terrible twos' aregoing to be like, because I can't imagine it getting much worse. About grinding his teeth, I did that when I was little and about ground mine away, but there was nothing the dentist could do until my adult teeth came in. Then they gave me this thing I had to wear at night (I only ground when I was sleeping). Eventually I grew out of it. Trevor did it while he was awake when he first got teeth but has since stopped.

Ginger said...

Oh how nice for you! Tyler can't take naps. I always say, "come take a nap with me." He will lay there for about 10 minutes, then says, "I can't fall asleep." and he's gone. Nap time is the best.