Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tagged...

Last one, I promise. My friend Maria told me that she tagged me today. JC has been taking my computer time lately to fulfill his church calling, so that means when I get the chance, I better go for it. So while I'm here and thinking about it, I'll go ahead and get this done. My blog is mainly about and for Zenock, but I thought what the heck... let's get to know Zenock's crazy mom. :) Enjoy!

The name of the game, is to name SEVEN things you may or may not know about me. So here they are in random order:

1. I am not a phone person. To be honest, I really don't like talking on the phone. Maybe it is a result from past jobs... :) I would rather e-mail, text, or have a conversation in person. I like to see people's reaction and facial expressions. I also dislike that awkward silence that sometimes happens on the phone... you know the one when you still want to talk, but you really have nothing more to say. I also dislike making appointments! Especially Drs. appointments or hair appointments. I really wish you could make appointments over e-mail. I am SO much better at that. I hate when the dr. asks what the appointment is for. For instance when I went in to see if I was pregnant... admitting it to yourself is one thing, but then having to admit it to a complete stranger over the phone, "I think I'm pregnant." I know they hear it all the time, but I just feel like I am revealing a secret no one should know about. HA! Which brings me to number...

2. I analyze everything! I really don't know why. I am always critical of myself and am always thinking, "Why did I say or do that?" or "What are they going to think of me now." I think things over way to much. I still worry what people think of me. I envy those with the "who cares, no big deal" attitude. I guess the thought of not being liked really bothers me. But, at the same time, I have to remind myself that I am me no matter what... and I am not going to be someone else. I want to be friends with everyone. I really enjoy getting to know people. I dislike people who are fake... I can see right through them. I have a tender heart and get my feelings hurt easily. JC is always telling me not to take things so seriously or think so hard.

3. I am a very organized, perfectionist... somewhat. I really am, but for the most part my life doesn't allow it and there are always surprises around the corner that have made me become less so and just to take life as it happens. For instance... Zenock came FIVE weeks early! I love my little boy and I wouldn't change anything, but I had nothing ready. Nothing was the way I wanted it to be. Sitting in the hospital for nine days, I just kept thinking of everything I wanted to be done. I wanted everything to be perfect for my little boy when I brought him home. Thank goodness I have a husband who understands this and made it as perfect as it could be when we came home. Sometimes, I put so much pressure on myself to be perfect and when life doesn't go that way, I get so stressed and just have to sit down and cry... (which is my number 4.) But, I had a great Relief Society lesson last week and one of the things that was said, was: "Discontentment is Heavenly Fathers way of pushing us forward." I had never thought of that before. So I just have to remember when things aren't "perfect", it is just my Heavenly Father's way of helping me become a better person.

4. I cry over EVERYTHING. I am such an emotional person... and it's not just because I have a child. I cried before that too. Happy or sad... I cry. I remember being at college the first week and the finale of American Idol was on. Kelly Clarkson won and I just started crying! (I remember my roomates laughing at me. :) Other things I cry over are: greeting cards, LDS commercials, Zenock growing up, remembering memories, home, and lots more. I know I get this from my mom, because we can watch movies together or talk on the phone and we are always crying over the same things. When Carrie Underwood won American Idol.. we cried together. Crying is good for you. JC is always checking to see if I am crying during The Biggest Loser when they go home to their families. (I usually am.)

5. I totally wish I was Celine Dion! I would love to be able to sing, but sadly, I can't even sing A note. Poor Zenock who has to listen to me sing primary songs to him all day long. One day he will probably tell me the same thing JC does.... to leave the singing to him. I also wish I could dance. I love watching people dance. If a dancer is really good, I get goosebumps. I started dancing when I was 4 and danced for 10 years or more, but I never felt good enough to do anything with it. I love watching people who can lose themselves in a dance. It is awesome to watch their passion for something.

6. I love to decorate my house or apartment! Most little girls plan their weddings, but I have had my dream home planned out since I was little. I have every room planned. JC thinks he is going to design our home, but he has some tough dreams to design through. I love shopping for home decor, etc. I save pottery barn magazines for ideas.

7. I am terrified that my house will start on fire. I check my straightener 5 times before I leave the house to make sure it is unplugged. (I guess you could call it OCD.) Even after I check it, I still worry. I check our oven every night to make sure it is not on. I not only check to make sure the lights are off, but I check each burner and the inside to make sure it is not warm. I hate the smell of smoke. I also check our candlewarmers to make sure they are turned off. If I'm not using an appliance, it is unplugged. I always have an escape route in my head of what I would do in a fire and what I would save. (scrapbooks, etc.) Sadly, when it came right down to it, I would probably just save my family. I just hate the thought of so many memories and everything we've worked for being destroyed. But in the end, it all doesn't matter, except my family.

Well, that is me... I don't know if it was supposed to be that long, but it ended up that way. You can think what you want of me, but that's who I am. Wow, I feel like I just wrote my life... do people really read all of this? Remember, it was late when I wrote this... :)

2 comments:

Ryan Reeder said...

And even later when I read this. I didn't know #7, but I think I was pretty much aware of the others--some more, some less.

Thanks for posting today. It makes me happy to hear from you.

Ryan

Sim and Maria said...

Carin- SO I just barely read all the way through your post. Before I had only skimmed because I was in a hurry. I loved learning more about you. I am the same way about worring and thinking to much. It makes me mad that I care so much about what other people think of me. I am really trying to get over that. I also worry about house fires. AHHHHH It is like my worst fear.