Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Game of Life...

I need to catch up on my blogging... Everytime something happens during the week I think I should "blog" it, but I never have the time, so I just try and commit it to memory so that I can remember it the next time. I apologize if I forget anything... So we will just start from the beginning. We really enjoyed conference last week. We get the BYU channel with our cable, so we were able to enjoy it from the comfort of home. I think it was the first time I didn't fall asleep during part of it... maybe it was because I was trying to keep Zenock happy. I can honestly say I got a lot out of it while playing. We were able to attend a baptism of an older gentleman in our area in between sessions. It is great to see the missionary process in action, as well as getting to be a part of it. I am gaining a new respect for missionaries. I have been so depressed the last couple of weeks, I keep seeing all these pictures of Fall in Utah and just want to cry. Fall is my favorite time of year. I love the weather, the leaves, colors, sweaters, and all the good stuff that comes with it. I guess you could say it is another one of my obsessions. Up until two days ago, it was still 90+ degrees and we were wearing shorts and T-shirts. BUT, Finally, I think it has hit. There is a slight breeze... a little bit cooler weather... and not exactly Fall, but the promise that it is coming! I am soo excited! This morning we went to JC's soccer game... (yes, I said soccer). I'm sure he would rather be playing baseball, but since soccer was the only sport offered, he decided it was better than nothing. He plays goalie and has had a lot of people tell him that he does really well. Afterwards, we went to the BBQ & Blues Festival here in Texarkana. You can buy tickets and go around and sample different BBQ and listen the the Blues... The name of the festival pretty much sums up the culture we live in. The band in the picture was actually really good. It was fun to listen to them. They are pretty big down here and we were told to get pictures because they are going on tour and we won't see them for awhile. Zenock is still trying to perfect his tricks of crawling, sitting up, and all the other fun stuff. He loves to talk and squeal. He loves attention and definately knows when we aren't giving him our FULL attention. His new favorite food is bananas... and he doesn't like applesauce. I think it is finally starting to set in how far away we are from family and friends. We are starting to get homesick and are counting down the days until we can see you all!

2 comments:

Ryan Reeder said...

Thanks for the post, the pix, and the vid. Glad to know you miss us--or at least everyone else out here--out there.

Kristen Munns said...

Okay, this one actually made me cry a little bit. I wondered when the homesick would set in for either of you. If it makes you feel any better, we miss you so much. I think we all took for granted how lucky we were to live so close to one another for so long. At least we have these blogs to keep up with each other - you were inspired to do it!