Sunday, September 23, 2007

Time Goes By...

Time seems to go by so fast... You wouldn't think I had much to do, but it is amazing how much I do... even the little things take up so much time. Zenock is happy as ever. He learned how to kick and splash in the bathtub a couple weeks ago and absolutely loves it. He braces his hands against each side so he can kick harder. It is so funny to watch. I just sit and laugh. He also learned how to babble. There have been a few times at church when we can't seem to get him to be quiet. He loves music and is always singing to the music... in his own babbling way. He also learned to squeal recently, which always makes us laugh, because he does it at the funniest times. He is so close to sitting up on his own and wishes he could walk. I really think if he could follow me or his dad around he would be a very happy baby. I love going to get Zenock when he wakes up in the morning, he is usually just playing happily in his bed... sucking on his fingers. He always has a huge grin for me when I look over the side to say good morning. Last week I bought him a jumperoo (the kind that hangs from the doorway.) He loves it! He gets so excited. When we take him out and put him on our laps, he thinks he is still in it and just wants to jump. It is amazing how fast they learn and how much they learn in such a short amount of time. It is hard to think that it has already been six months since he was born. Time goes by so fast! JC and I are keeping busy. Yesterday we were able to attend EFA (Especially for Adults). It's like EFY, but for Adults. Our stake put it together and flew in a couple of speakers from BYU and BYU Idaho. It was such a great opportunity to just be able to take time to catch up and to build upon our faith. It was an all day event. We really enjoyed the time. It is such a blessing to be a part of the church and to be able to have the gospel and friends anywhere we go. We even ran into a Sumko from Perry. Her family is living in Shreveport. What a small world. A few weeks ago we went to the Quadrangle Festival here in Texarkana. It is a little town festival that supports the museums. One of the museums we went to was actually an old house called, The Ace of Clubs House. Legend has it that a man won a million dollars in a poker game by drawing the Ace of Clubs. He used his money to build this house which is in the shape of a club. It really wasn't too interesting, except for the woman who owned it later in life was quite the socialite. She liked to go out every night. In almost every bedroom her shoes were displayed. She had over 500! Some of them were really cute and very much in style. All of them were from Neiman Marcus. Her closet was amazing... it had a huge ceiling and shoe boxes were piled as far up as you could see. How would it be... 500 shoes! I thought I had a lot. Well, it's bathtime for Zenock again and he is getting impatient, so I better hurry up and finish. Love and miss ya'll!
Zenock playing "So Big" with dad and mom.

3 comments:

Ryan Reeder said...

I didn't care much about the shoes (surprise), I'm interested to know who were the BYU speakers you listened to, and I think it's awesome to see and hear more about Zenock.

Thanks for keeping up with this thing. It's good to occasionally see a new entry when I click on it.

Love, Ryan

Erin said...

It is crazy how fast these babies grow up huh?! He sure is a cutie! I love looking at your blog, it is fun to see what you guys are up to. It sounds like you are having a lot of fun and staying busy. Next time you come to Utah, make sure to give me a call so we can go to lunch and catch up!!

Tatiana said...

HOw cute is he?! I seriously can't believe it's been 6 months. And I can't believe that he's trying to walk. he's totally not old enough yet! He is turning into a little stud though. We miss you and hope you are having fun!