Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Catching Up

So it has been two weeks since I last "blogged." I thought I better put some pictures up really quick, so you will have something new to look at. It has been a busy couple of weeks. My mom, Melissa, and Emily came to visit on the 16th for a few days. It was fun to have them around and to show them where we live. Since school was starting in a week, we did major shopping. JC was sooo patient. I think I am even shopped out for at least awhile. I never knew you could spend so much time shopping. (wink, wink... Melissa.) JC really wanted to take them out on the lake and show them the Alligators, but no one was interested. Here are a few pictures of our shopping extravaganza at the Louisiana Boardwalk.
Emily, JC, Zenock, me, & Melissa... mom is taking the picture.
You can see Shreveport Louisiana in the background.
JC and I are loving our adventure in Arkansas more everyday. We have so much fun just being together and enjoying life. We do miss home... at times. Especially when JC reminds me that I am missing the County Fair or that Peach Days is in two weeks! I just try to keep myself busy... Zenock gets bigger everyday. At least we think so... as of Thursday August 23rd he weighed 13 lbs. 14 oz. He is trying so hard to be "so big" and to sit up. His true personality is starting to show through... and we have found out he has a temper. He is a determined little boy and knows what he wants. We sure love him though. I don't have any new pictures, but will be sure to take some this week. We love to hear from family and friends any chance we get! Hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend.

1 comment:

Ryan Reeder said...

FINALLY! Am I the only one who obsessively clicks on this blog several times a day? Heck, I was this close to calling you, Carin.

Point-by-point commentary:

You made J.C. go shopping with you for hours, and then wouldn't even go see the gators with him? [Sigh]. I guess that's what love is. You owe him.

Two: Melissa's shorts are too short. The rest of you are fine, I guess.

Hey--is that a new picture of Zenock? I like the smile.

Whoa--I thought her shorts looked short in the first picture, when she was sitting down. Now I've clicked on the third. Yes, they're too short. I'm surprised Emily let her get away with that.

My sisters--all together in Shreveport, Louisiana. Who'd've thunk?

What--no pix of Mom?

County Fair and Peach Days? Ha-ha. I think I've been to those about once in the last ten years.

Wonder where he gets that temper from? Certainly not me. ;)

No new pictures--these three were new. Or do you mean ones that you've taken yourself?

Does that "love to hear from family and friends" even extend to me? Aww, shucks. Thanks, sister.

I started classes on Monday--a Math class, a Physics class, an Institute class, and the first of the three-part secondary education program. I plan to leave my job this Friday, and I'm counting down. In between (now) I'm fairly busy--but there's still time to check up on my little sister and her family in Arkansas. Thanks for posting. It's good to hear from you.

Amy hasn't updated her blog in a while--I check that one daily, too. Do you know anything about that? Mayhaps I should write her.

I love you Carin. Have fun in the land of the Razorbacks.

Ryan